NJAA Announces 2011 Garden State Awards Finalists
September 7, 2011
New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA) has announced the finalists for its 18th Annual Garden State Awards, recognizing achievement among the leaders in one of the state’s most important industries, rental housing.
This year’s selected finalists for the premier Management Company of the Year (Market Rate) include:
- AvalonBay Communities, in the business of developing and redeveloping, and acquiring high-quality apartment communities throughout the country including the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and Pacific Northwest, and California regions;
- Roseland Property Company, a real estate development and management company with properties located in some of the most desirable locations in the Northeast, including New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and Virginia.
- Value Companies, Inc., specializing in real estate investment, development and management with a portfolio of 3,600 residential apartment units in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Texas and Florida;
This year’s selected finalists for the premier Management Company of the Year (Affordable) include:
- CIS Management, Inc., headquartered in Lawrenceville, this property development company has a highly acclaimed and versatile portfolio throughout the state.
- Conifer Realty, a real estate development company specializes in high-quality, affordable housing communities with a management portfolio of 15,000 apartment units in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
Morgan Properties and PRD Management, who earned the titles Management Company of the Year Market Rate and Affordable (respectively) in 2010, are therefore ineligible for 2011. They will end their reign as Management Companies of the Year and pass the baton to two of the companies listed above.
Industry experts are brought in from out of state to professionally inspect and judge all of the nominated individuals and properties. Nominations are open to all NJAA members, showcasing excellence in fifty-one categories.
“The caliber of the 2011 nominees is undeniable and will continue to set a high standard of competition amongst companies and individuals in years to come,” says Jean Maddalon, Executive Director of NJAA. “We are confident that this year’s awards dinner will be one of the biggest industry events this season as we make preparations to recognize all of the men and women whose dedicated efforts have aptly contributed to the advancement of the multi-housing industry in our state.”
Additionally, individuals who have received industry certifications through education sessions held at NJAA will also be recognized. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with more than five hundred of New Jersey’s leading rental professionals at the Awards & Reception Dinner held at the Hyatt New Brunswick on Thursday, October 20, 2011. The reception will begin at 5:30pm and the awards presentation will follow. Registration for this event is now open online at www.njaa.com.
For a complete list of the 2011 finalists please click here.
To reserve a table or to learn more about event sponsorship opportunities please contact Niambi Ivery by e-mail or (732) 992-0606.