After almost two weeks of facilitating the Camden County rental assistance program, 75% of the funding allocated to the initiative is still available to residents. The program was created to support renters at risk of losing their homes or facing an eviction threat due to lost employment or income caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Camden County Rental Assistance Program makes available up to six months of back rent (April 2020 through September 2020) for a maximum of $4,000. While tenants will apply to take part in the program, payments will be made directly to landlords.
In order to qualify for the Rental Assistance Program, tenants must meet the following eligibility and rules:
- Tenants cannot earn more than 50% of Average Area Median Income (AMI);
- Applicants will be required to provide proof of loss/reduction in employment or income;
- No duplication of funds will be permitted – apartments/landlords which are funded under the State’s tenant assistance program or Section 8 are not eligible;
- Landlords must agree to waive late fees and penalties accrued from April 2020 to September 2020; and
- Lease must have begun prior to 3/1/2020.
More information regarding the Rental Assistance Program, how to apply, and the additional eligibility requirements is available by visiting www.camdencounty.com.
- 1-person, $33,850
- 2-person, $38,650
- 3-person, $43,500
- 4-person, $48,300
- 5-person, $52,200
- 6-person, $56,050
Applications for the program will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, and will be accepted until all available funds have been awarded.
To apply, visit: www.CamdenRentGrant.com.
For any questions about the program call (833) 487-0462.