February 3 - March 1, 2023
Live Instructor Led Virtual Classroom Experience
Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM: *Unless otherwise noted
Certified Apartment Leasing Professional
In 2021, the National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) credential changed its name to the Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) credential. The newly named CALP credential will continue to ensure that leasing professionals throughout the industry are fully prepared for success.
Formerly known as the NALP, the Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) is often the first credential earned in a career in residential property management, and assists leasing agents with integrating successful sales techniques, increasing resident retention, and meeting resident needs. This year, NJAA has partnered with a highly sought-after National Instructor, Susan Weston, to instruct the CALP training virtually!
CALP Training Schedule
|February 3, 2023||10:00 AM – 11:00 AM||CALP Training – Online Orientation|
|February 10, 2023||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||CALP Day 1: Bringing in New Residents & Marketing and Maintaining Your Community|
|February 15, 2023||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||CALP Day 2: Why Your Competition Matters & Relevant Laws and How to Apply Them|
|February 17, 2023||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||CALP Day 3: The Sales Process and Building Relationships & Effectively Meeting the Needs of Current Residents|
|February 24, 2023||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM||CALP Day 4: Market Analysis for Leasing Professionals|
|March 1, 2023||10:00 AM – 11:00 AM||CALP Review|
- CALP Training Online Orientation
- Bringing in New Residents & Marketing and Maintaining Your Community
- Why Your Competition Matters & Relevant Laws and How to Apply Them
- The Sales Process & Building Relationships & Effectively Meeting the Needs of Current Residents
- Market Analysis for Leasing Agents
- CALP Review Session
- Minimum of six (6) months of onsite property management experience in a leasing role (This can be obtained while taking the course; you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met);
- Successful completion of all the offered modules of the CALP course;
- Pass the examination within six (6) months of declaring candidacy.
Note: This course requires the use of an eBook, which is included in the cost of the training. Attendees will have the option to print their eBooks themselves or purchase a hardcopy through Viatech and have it mailed to their address. More information about NAA eBooks can be found by clicking here.
About the Exam
If you do not pass the exam on the first try, there will be a retake fee of $60 paid to NAA. For additional information regarding NAA exams you can visit: https://www.naahq.org/education-careers/online-learning/about-the-online-exams