February 20 - April 18
New Jersey Apartment Association
104 Interchange Plaza, Suite 201
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
(Unless otherwise noted – see below for exact dates and locations)
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Certificate For Apartment Maintenance Technician
Start your training today! Appropriate as an introduction for new maintenance professionals or as a refresher for veteran technicians, the CAMT helps you preserve the value of your apartment community and increase resident retention. The curriculum incorporates non-technical courses, as well as technical, hands-on training, providing the tools necessary to run an effective maintenance program.
Instructed by: HD Supply and The Home Depot
- February 20 & 21: Electrical
- February 27: Plumbing
- March 12 & 13: Basic Appliances
- April 3 & 4: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- April 18: Interior and Exterior (held at The Home Depot, South Plainfield)
Candidates must complete coursework and exam within 12 months of declaring candidacy.
- Minimum of 12 months of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience. (This requirement may be met after completion of coursework and exam. During that period, a candidate holds a Provisional CAMT);
- Successful completion of CAMT coursework, six courses plus online content;
- Passing CAMT exam.
About the Exam
The CAMT exam is a computerized exam done at home or in your office. It is 2.5 hours long with 100 multiple-choice questions. It is a timed test, where you can skip questions and come back later. You can also check your answers before the clock stops.
Maintaining the CAMT Credential
The CAMT credential is accredited by ANSI. It does not require renewal and is good for life.
For additional information on this, or any other courses, please contact email@example.com