Postponed for 2020 - Stay Tuned for updates in 2021 for CAMT Training
New Jersey Apartment Association
104 Interchange Plaza, Suite 201
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
(Unless otherwise noted – see below for exact dates and locations)
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Certificate For Apartment Maintenance Technician
Start your training today! Appropriate as an introduction for new maintenance professionals or as a refresher for veteran technicians, the CAMT helps you preserve the value of your apartment community and increase resident retention. The curriculum incorporates non-technical courses, as well as technical, hands-on training, providing the tools necessary to run an effective maintenance program.
Instructed by: HD Supply and The Home Depot
- February 19-20: Electrical
- February 27: Plumbing
- March 4-5: Basic Appliances
- March 11-12: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Class has been postponed, stay tuned for new date ; March 25: Interior and Exterior (held at The Home Depot, South Plainfield)
Candidates must complete coursework and exam within 12 months of declaring candidacy.
- Minimum of 12 months of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience. (This requirement may be met after completion of coursework and exam. During that period, a candidate holds a Provisional CAMT);
- Successful completion of CAMT coursework, six courses plus online content;
- Passing online Live Online Proctored CAMT exam.
About the Exam
The CAMT exam is a computerized Live Online Proctored (LOP) exam done at home or in your office. It is 2.5 hours long with 100 multiple-choice questions. It is a timed test, where you can skip questions and come back later. You can also check your answers before the clock stops. You will need a computer that has a webcam (or have a webcam that can plug in) and sound capabilities.
Maintaining the CAMT Credential
The CAMT credential is accredited by ANSI. It does not require renewal and is good for life.
For additional information on this, or any other courses, please contact email@example.com