September 7 - October 13
Live Instructor Led Virtual Classroom Experience
Time: 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM: *Unless otherwise noted
Certified Apartment Leasing Professional
In 2021, the National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) credential changed its name to the Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) credential. The newly named CALP credential will continue to ensure that leasing professionals throughout the industry are fully prepared for success.
Formerly known as the NALP, the Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) is often the first credential earned in a career in residential property management, and assists leasing agents with integrating successful sales techniques, increasing resident retention, and meeting resident needs. This year, NJAA has partnered with a highly sought after National Instructor, Rebecca Rosario, to instruct the CALP training virtually!
CALP Training Schedule
|September 7, 2022||9:30 AM – 10:45 AM||CALP Training – Online Orientation|
|September 14, 2022||9:30 AM – 2:00 PM||CALP Day 1: Bringing in New Residents & Marketing and Maintaining Your Community|
|September 21, 2022||9:30 AM – 2:00 PM||CALP Day 2: Why Your Competition Matters & Relevant Laws and How to Apply Them|
|September 28, 2022||9:30 AM – 2:00 PM||CALP Day 3: The Sales Process and Building Relationships & Effectively Meeting the Needs of Current Residents|
|October 6, 2022||9:30 AM – 2:00 PM||CALP Day 4: Market Analysis for Leasing Professionals|
|October 13, 2022||9:30 AM – 11:30 AM||CALP Review|
Instructed by: Rebecca Rosario, Full House Marketing, Inc.
- September 7: CALP Training Online Orientation
- September 14: Bringing in New Residents & Marketing and Maintaining Your Community
- September 21: Why Your Competition Matters & Relevant Laws and How to Apply Them
- September 28: The Sales Process & Building Relationships & Effectively Meeting the Needs of Current Residents
- October 6: Market Analysis for Leasing Agents
- October 13: CALP Review Session
- Minimum of six (6) months of onsite property management experience in a leasing role (This can be obtained while taking the course; you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met);
- Successful completion of all the offered modules of the CALP course;
- Pass the examination within six (6) months of declaring candidacy.
Note: This course requires the use of an eBook, which is included in the cost of the training. Attendees will have the option to print their eBooks themselves or purchase a hardcopy through Viatech and have it mailed to their address. More information about NAA eBooks can be found by clicking here.
About the Exam
The CALP exam is a 1-part exam delivered via Live Online Proctoring (LOP) which can be done from the comfort of your home or office. LOP requires a webcam and audio capability for your computer, and must be scheduled four (4) days in advance according to proctor availability. The CALP exam is 2 hours in total and is 120 questions.
If you do not pass the exam on the first try, there will be a retake fee of $60 paid to NAA. For additional information regarding NAA exams you can visit: https://www.naahq.org/education-careers/online-learning/about-the-online-exams
Maintaining the CALP Credential
The CALP credential requires annual renewal. Submission of both annual CALP dues of $50 and documentation of five hours of continuing education credits should be submitted to complete the annual CALP renewal.