February 6, 12 & 13
104 Interchange Plaza
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
Time: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
National Apartment Leasing Professional
Launch your career! Often the first credential earned, the National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) training assists leasing agents with integrating successful sales techniques, increasing resident retention, and meeting resident needs. Offered in the spring and the fall, this three-day training is supplemented by an additional day of market survey presentations.
Instructed by: Melinda Hartrum, Morgan Properties
National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP)
Launch your career! Often the first credential earned, the National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) training assists leasing agents with integrating successful sales techniques, increasing resident retention, and meeting resident needs.
Atlantic City Convention Center
- Application of Fair Housing laws
- Managing objections and the move-in process
- Relationship building
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
To earn your NALP credential, you must complete the coursework and exam within 6 months of declaring candidacy.
- Minimum of 6 months of onsite leasing experience. (This requirement may be met after completion of coursework, market survey, and NALP exam. During that period, you will hold a Provisional NALP);
- Successful completion of seven modules;
- Passing the market survey;
- Passing the NALP exam.
About the Exam
The NALP exam is a computerized proctored exam done at home or in your office. You will need to take the exam on a computer that has a webcam. It is 1.5 hours long with 100 multiple-choice questions. It is a timed test, where you can skip questions and come back later. You can also check your answers before the clock stops.
Maintaining the NALP Credential
The NALP credential requires annual renewal. Submission of both annual NALP dues of $50 and documentation of three hours of continuing education credit should be submitted to complete the annual NALP renewal.