Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Specialist in Housing Credit Management
Become an expert in tax credits. The Specialist in Housing Credit Management® (SHCM®) certification has been developed by the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA) especially for management professionals involved with properties developed and operated under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program. The LIHTC is the primary production tool for creating new affordable housing properties and is the most important tool for rehabilitating and preserving the nation’s existing stock of aging affordable housing.
- Program regulations
- Applicant eligibility
- Unit eligibility
- Monitoring and compliance
Earning Your SHCM Certification
- Education: Successfully accumulate a minimum of 12 hours (actual instruction time) of housing credit specific coursework or training from an approved provider within two years of sitting for the SHCM exam;
- Examination: Successfully pass the SHCM exam;
- Professional Experience: Demonstrate a minimum of two years of housing credit management employment experience through an application process;
- SHCM Code of Professional Conduct: Commit to a defined code of professional conduct;
- Complete Application: Submit your SHCM application along with the $150 application fee.
Maintaining Your SHCM
SHCM certification is valid for one year and must be renewed annually each September. Renewal consists of six hours of housing credit specific coursework or training by an approved provider per year and $155 renewal fee.
For the most up-to-date information on your SHCM credential, visit the Specialist in Housing Credit Management information page by the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA).
For additional information on this, or any other courses, please contact email@example.com